When we were younger, most of us thought we wanted the Hollywood man: he’s romantic, passionate, and just bad enough to keep things interesting. As we got older, though, we realized that maybe that’s not the ideal setup. After the credits roll, that Hollywood guy isn’t quite so dreamy. With romance comes deception, with passion comes unpredictability, and that bad-boy attitude can turn south at the drop of a hat.
Lies and drama are exhausting, and the stress of an unpredictable partner wears on you over time. So where does that leave us?
Honestly, it leaves you ready for the right kind of guy. He’s simple, loyal, and not interested in giving you the runaround. He’s the one who wins your heart slowly and gently, and you wouldn’t let him go for anything.
If this sounds like your guy, chances are you’ve snagged a unicorn.
1. He doesn’t play games.
2. And he would never try to control or manipulate you.
3. He knows how to cheer you up, even at your lowest points.
4. He thinks you’re equally as beautiful whether you’re dressed up for a night out, or wearing sweats for a Netflix marathon.
5. He knows how important it is for you to spend time with friends and family.
6. He genuinely believes that you can do anything on your own.
7. But he’s always there to keep you grounded when you need it.
8. He doesn’t pick fights or create drama where this is none.
9. He’s emotionally stable and mood swings are rare.
10. Although he doesn’t always know how to relate to you, he invariably tries his best to learn.
11. He listens to you and remembers the little details.
12. He’s incredibly honest (sometimes to a fault).
13. He’s secure in your relationship, and he knows what he wants.
14. You trust each other. He would never cheat on you, and he knows that if you tell him you’re out with the girls, that’s exactly what you’re doing.
15. There have been several adorably failed attempts at romance.
16. And although his gifts may not be what you wanted, he always puts a lot of love and thought into them.
17. He says what he means, and he means what he says.
18. He rarely (if ever) raises his voice.
19. You two have the most fun when you’re together, whether it’s just cooking dinner and washing dishes, or going out for laser tag.
20. Most importantly, he is your best friend.
He’s goofy, makes terrible puns, and forgets to clean up after himself, but he’d do anything for you. Treat him right and hold on tight to this one, because you don’t want him going anywhere.