Tap water is used by most people for their daily chores may contain some elements such as chalk, lime, magnesium, and calcium. The presence of this substance in water makes it to be regarded as hard water. According to the research done on the effects of using hard water, it has been discovered that domestic and health hazards impacts may elapse. Following this, the essence of removing this level of minerals is taken into account. This makes the resultant soft water favorable for drinking, washing, cleaning, bathing, and many other domestic uses. A water softener is a house filtration system that uses the ion exchange method to remove calcium and magnesium minerals, causing water hardness. This water softener focuses on most-common water problems.
Smile HVAC offers several repairs, maintenance, and water softener installation services. Book a phone call with Smile HVAC today.
6 benefits of having Water Softener at home
- Softening hard water results in extended water appliance life; magnesium and calcium can build on the dishwashers, water appliances, washing machines, and coffee makers. This results in the clogging of substantial particle deposits, which causes the burning out. Water softener curbs this effect by removing hard water mineral particles building up within the appliance’s parts. Consequently, the use of soft water increases the extended life of water appliances. Additionally, hard water results in scaly deposits in faucets and pipes. Plumbing systems are severely affected by magnesium and calcium deposits since extended buildup overtime results in corrosion and clogs. Hence, it is generally economical to install water softer in a household setup.
- Softened water is easily used for cleaning; upon cleaning clothes and dishes, hard water stains the equipment’s surfaces with white sports soapy residue and streaks. The use of soft water eases the rinsing off the soap residue thoroughly. Additionally, water softening reduces the amount of soup and detergents required for cleaning. House water softener prevents soap film and detergents buildup in sinks cleaning devises showers and bathtubs. This saves the expenses incurred.
- Installing a water softener will somewhat contribute to environmental conservation. It’s is because the excess amount of cleaning products and used chemicals from the household are mostly channeled down the drain. Curbing this activity saves rivers and streams from the adverse chemical degradation ravages.
- Household economists have analyzed that hard water results in increased expenditure on household soaps and detergent. Saving on detergents or washing powder saves a substantial amount of money on the overall cleaning products. Besides, heating systems, boilers, hot water cylinder plumbing, dishwashers, and water heaters run effectively, and their use of life is significantly extended by approximately 10%.
- The taste is better. Most people prefer drinking soft water because it does not contain minerals or any other additives, natural or chemical. A water softener removes unwanted minerals from your water, making it suitable for drinking. With a water softener, you can have clean water at any time.
- Water obtained from a water softener is good for the skin. It makes the skin feel and look radiant. Extended use of hard water for bathing results in low interaction with the soap. Additionally, using more soap to cut through the sticky film results in more adverse harmful complications. This sticky film blocks the skin pores, resulting in breakouts. The skin may intern become dry and feel sticky upon touching. Both adults and children having sensitive skin may get eczema as a result.
As if all the health benefits weren’t enough, a water softener helps you save a lot of money.
Health benefits of filtered and softened water
Let’s focus on the health benefits of drinking softened water. Softened water is good for the skin as it makes the skin feel and look radiant. It is also suitable for hair; the use of hard water makes the hair look dull. This happens regardless of the brand used or money invested in the hair. Excess minerals on water also dry out the hair and dull its appearance, resulting in dandruff, a scalp related consequence. Using softened water curbs these defects; hence one enjoys healthy scarp, vibrant and shiny hair.
Soft water is good for kidneys. The fundamental minerals responsible for water hardness are sulfates and carbonates. Excessive water consumption containing these substances makes the deposits of such salts increase in human body organs. This increases the urinary magnesium and calcium level. On the other hand, it results in the formation of kidney stones. The use of soft water prevents kidney stone formation.
According to scientific research on the use of hard water, soft water was proven to make it easy to start a family. This has been derived from the fact that hard water significantly or potentially tempers with human fertility. In a more specific approach, minerals such as magnesium and calcium, among others in hard water, negatively interfere with the males’ reproductive hormones. Moreover, excessive input of dietary calcium found on hard water decreases the sperm count and affects the male reproductive system’s essential functioning. Additionally, a quality water softener system in a household ensures the optimum and well-being of family members.
Soft water significantly hydrates the body; hard water has a nasty taste. Thus, most people avoid it. In turn, they violate the recommended 2.7 liters of water intake that the human body requires for optimum health and growth. Installation of a water softener in a household setting improves the smell, flavor, and water appearance. Following the several advantages discussed for using soft water, those living in the salty water region should prioritize having a water softener to curb the salt substances’ effects in hard water.
In conclusion, hard water has proven to be harmful not only to the human body but also to the overall water interacting appliances. The human body requires a specific amount of minerals. Failure to take soft water, the human body is deprived of sufficient essential minerals, which poses an adverse health effect.