Never judge a book by its cover!
Nothing revealed his genius when he was a child. On the contrary, his parents were beginning to believe that the fruit of their union was a retarded boy. History proved them wrong…
He was one of the most creative minds … in the history of humanity and broke new ground in science.
German-Swiss theoretical physicist who pioneered the concept of the world with the formulation of the Special and the General Theory of Relativity (1905). Honored with the Nobel in 1921 for his discovery of the photoelectric effect.
Surely the greatest scientist of the last century and one of the greatest thinkers of all time.
Time magazine named him “man” of the twentieth century.
He was remarkably well rounded and his brilliance has left its mark. These are some of our favorite quotes of his that demonstrate that brilliance quite well.
1. “Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.”
2. “Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”
3. “Human knowledge and skills alone cannot lead humanity to a happy and dignified life. Humanity has every reason to place the proclaimers of high moral standards and values above the discoverers of objective truth.”
4. “Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.”
5. “I, at any rate, am convinced that He (God) does not throw dice.”
6. “The important thing is not to stop questioning; curiosity has its own reason for existing.”
7. “Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.”
8. “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.”
9. “Falling in love is not at all the most stupid thing that people do— but gravitation cannot be held responsible for it.”
10. “The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science.”
11. “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.”