National Law universities conduct the CLAT exam every year for admission of UG and PG courses. The students get admissions in NLUs colleges and other private colleges after qualifying for the CLAT exam. This year the exam was supposedly delayed for further notifications by the board due to the CoronaVirus. It was finally conducted on 28th September 2020. Here we will look at the CLAT question paper 2020 and its results.
CLAT 2020 Highlights
The syllabus and all the related notifications were announced on the official website of the board. What would be the total no of questions, marks, syllabus, and other things are all stated below:
- The CLAT 2020 syllabus included English, Mathematics, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Logical Reasoning, and Aptitude Test.
- Students having 10+2 degree from a recognized board with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks can sit for the examination. There is no age limit for the exam.
- The exam is conducted online and the CLAT question paper consists of 150 multiple choice based questions.
- It is to be noted that there were several changes made this year due to the ongoing pandemic with regards to time duration, number of questions, and more.
- It was also mandatory for them to wear masks, carry sanitizer bottles, keep distance, and check the temperature before appearing for the examination.
CLAT Answer Key 2020
The CLAT exam is conducted in 4 paper codes. So after the exam is given, candidates are provided with an Answer key for all four codes- A, B, C & D on the official website. The code wise answer will be available. Remember, the answer key would be different for undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Students can check the answer key, compare their answers, and come out to an expected score. It might happen students might think that the answer key is wrong and can challenge it.
CLAT 2020 Results
The result for the CLAT examination held on 28th September 2020 was announced on 5th October 2020. Candidates can check their CLAT results by clicking on the result link and entering registration details. The result can be seen on the screen and can be downloaded as pdf as well.
CLAT 2020 Cut off
Cut off is the minimum marks candidates must obtain to qualify for the examination and move further for Counselling. The CLAT cut off was released on the same date when results were announced. Candidates scoring less than cut off might not avail admission in their preferred law college. The CLAT cut off 2020 is expected to be 103+ for top 3 NLUs, 95+ for top 10 NLUs, and 85+ in any NLUs.
The cut off is also for the specific college and category they belong to. After the results and merit lists come out, the selected students will be called for the counselling process. After this, the students would be asked to pay the college seat fees they have been allotted to confirm the admission.