In a market now swamped with dozens of products, it takes something special to stand out. Proponents of CBD cream suggest it ticks all the boxes and more. It is marketed as a convenient way of consuming cannabidiol without ingesting it. Those who use it tend to apply it to a specific part of the body. Rather than absorbing into the bloodstream, it absorbs into the skin and has a localized effect.
Yet even in this sub-niche, there are hundreds of products from dozens of brands such as Nuleaf Naturals. We have comprised a list of the best CBD cream brands and products to help you narrow down the field. In this guide, we outline three of the best on the market.
What to Consider When Looking for the Best CBD Cream
One of the issues faced by individuals seeking any CBD product is the number of options available. Choosing a suitable company requires conducting more research than you might think. Here are some of the factors worth noting:
- Where did the brand source its CBD? If it comes from cannabis, make sure you live in a location where MMJ, at the very least, is legal. You also need to pay more attention to the THC content. At present, the 2018 Farm Bill ensures that industrial hemp must have a maximum of 0.3% THC.
- What extraction process did the company use? Supercritical CO2 extraction is often considered the ‘gold standard.’ Some reputable companies use ethanol but have to ensure their products don’t exceed FDA limits for ethanol residue.
- What type of product are you looking for? There is CBD cream, salve, lotion, ointment, and many others. The main differences relate to the number of ingredients and thickness of the product.
- What are the ingredients? The best CBD creams contain natural ingredients that you can trust to put on your skin.
- What is the CBD concentration? The higher the level of CBD per ml of cream, the better.
- Does the brand provide third-party lab reports? If it doesn’t, we advise you to steer clear. Without this information, you have no way of knowing what is inside any given product.
- Is the company well known? Your best bet is to invest in tried and trusted brands when in doubt. We provide three such companies below.
Without further ado, here are three of the best CBD cream brands around.
1 – Green Roads
Laura Fuentes and Arby Barroso co-founded Green Roads. In the last seven years, the company has gone from a small business to an international star. The brand has an impressive range of CBD topical products, including roll-on CBD, skin relief cream, and travel-sized versions of certain products.
Green Roads’ Muscle and Joint Relief Cream is among its best sellers. The CBD is derived from hemp, and it includes soothing menthol to help weary joints and muscles. Aside from the 50mg CBD cream, which is for travel, you can also buy 150mg and 350mg options at a very reasonable price. The cream is relatively light and tends to penetrate the skin quickly. Overall, the brand uses high-quality products and just about beats out the stiff competition.
2 – FAB CBD
Although it only offers one topical product, it is an excellent addition to the list of best CBD creams. It includes cocoa butter and coconut oil, along with cannabidiol, and is vegan-friendly. With 600mg of CBD in each 2-oz container, FAB CBD’s cream is among the strongest around.
It offers a delightfully fresh scent, and the cream has a thicker texture than most of its rivals. It takes longer to penetrate the first layer than other creams, but it still offers a pleasant sensation. As a bonus, there are few CBD creams on the market that provide better value for money.
3 – Mary’s Nutritionals
This company has an enormous range of CBD skincare products. These include eye cream, body serum, moisturizer, and much more. One possible issue is the long ingredient list for some of the products. If you have sensitive skin, it is perhaps best to carefully check what’s inside and ensure it doesn’t cause an adverse reaction.
Although it has among the lowest CBD concentrations for its main CBD cream product, users often praise Mary’s Nutritionals. It offers a beautiful floral scent and has a sumptuous texture.
In the end, choosing the best CBD cream boils down to the needs of the individual. If you abhor artificial ingredients, you can immediately narrow down your choices. If you have sensitive skin, you should focus on products with a relatively short list of ingredients.
Make sure you determine the source of the hemp to ensure it comes from a licensed cultivator. Above all, make sure that the brand in question offers third-party lab reports. After all, you are placing your skin at risk if you expose it to certain ingredients. If you want to learn more about CBD cream brands, check out WayofLeaf. This site provides detailed and unbiased brand reviews with an in-depth analysis of ingredients, cost, brand reputation, and more.
About the Author
Nicole Richter is a native Californian who knows a thing or two about the potential medical benefits of marijuana. After spending several years working as a nutritionist, Nicole’s research into cannabis caused her to change course somewhat. She remains within the health sector but has now shifted her focus, and spends much of her time performing detailed research into MMJ studies to see what the possible properties of the plant are.