Among the seven summits climbing Mount Kilimanjaro is the most favourite one for all the vagabonds. Because it is easier to climb than the other summits. Mount Kilimanjaro is a free-standing mountain of height, 5895 meters, and known as the “Roof of Africa”. The icy crown of the Mountain, which is almost exactly on the equator feels like the dramatic journey from the equator to the North Pole in a few days.
While planning a trip, first we roughly calculate the budget for it. The average estimation for climbing Mount Kilimanjaro cost varies from $2000 to $4000, excluding the flight fare, gear, clothes, etc.
In this post, you will find the various factors that affect your Kilimanjaro climb cost which will be helpful for the people who are planning for Kilimanjaro climbing.
So How Much It Cost To Climb Kilimanjaro?
While preparing for climbing Mt Kilimanjaro is the first question that comes to our mind is – How Much It Cost to Climb Kilimanjaro? So, as you know an average cost to climb Kilimanjaro ranges from $2000 to $4000 excluding the flight fare, this range varies depending upon various factors.
Let’s jump into the brief discussion about the factors affecting the Kilimanjaro climb cost:
- Flight Ticket: It depends on the place you are going to start your trip to Kilimanjaro. This is a big add on to your Kilimanjaro price and expenses.
- Visa Cost: Tanzanian Visa costs $50 for all the non-US citizens for single entry and $100 for all the US citizens for multiple entries.
- Travel Insurance: Before you start climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, you must buy travel insurance which will safeguard your journey by covering all health-related issues. It is recommended to buy a policy that will cover High altitude related sickness, among which AMS is the most common health issue seen on Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Kilimanjaro Vaccination: Before you bump into the Kilimanjaro, you must have undergone some vaccinations. They are:
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Yellow Fever
All these vaccination will add around $100 to your Kilimanjaro climb cost.
5. Size of your group: It is a vital factor that affects your Mount Kilimanjaro climb cost. If you are a solo traveler then you have to bear all the expenses during your Kilimanjaro climb. But if you have a group of people then the total expenses will be split between all of you which will definitely reduce your cost to climb Kilimanjaro.
6. Kilimanjaro Gear: Whether you are a professional or a beginner, you must carry some gear equipment that will help you during the Kilimanjaro climb. The gear equipment includes Jacket, T-shirts, hat, sunglass, sunscreen, trekking shoes, gloves, socks, etc. It will cost around $800 to buy a full gear kit for Kilimanjaro climbing tours.
7. Kilimanjaro Routes: Seven Kilimanjaro routes lead to the Kilimanjaro summit. All the seven routes (Machame Route, Lemosho Route, Northern Circuit, Marangu Route, Rongai Route, Shira Route, and Umbwe Route) will cost differently. Northern Circuit is the longest way as it takes 9 days to reach the summit and the Marangu route takes 6 days. But it is better to choose the Lemosho route and Machame route as both the routes are easier to climb and climbing Mt Kilimanjaro cost through this route is less than other routes.
8. The Season you chose for Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro: Generally, Kilimanjaro faces huge traffic during the dry seasons, June to October. So during these times due to high demand, you will find a surge in hotel prices which may add some extra amount to your estimated Kilimanjaro climb cost.
9. Type of Accommodation: After your arrival in the town of Moshi and Arusha, you will have to rest for at least a day. Similarly after completing the Kilimanjaro Climbing Tours you will be needing some rest. For that purpose you have to book a hotel room. You can choose from a variety of accommodations available depending on luxury, standard, or budget hotels.
10. Duration Of Your Trip: Simply, the more days you take to reach the Kilimanjaro summit, the more you have to pay. But it is recommended to add one or two days to your Kilimanjaro summit for better acclimatization.
11.Tipping Of Kilimanjaro Crew: As per the Kilimanjaro safety norms, every Kilimanjaro Climber must be associated with Kilimanjaro crews. Though it is not compulsory to give tips to the Kilimanjaro guides, it is a customary tradition on Mount Kilimanjaro. You will celebrate the tipping ceremony at the end of the Summit after the descent. On an average it will cost around $300 per climber per group.
Jerry Tanzania Tours is the most trusted Travel Partner for Mount Kilimanjaro Climb
So, now you know the factors related to Kilimanjaro climbing tours that are affecting the total Kilimanjaro climbing cost. If you are planning to climb Mount Kilimanjaro, then we are here to give the best guided tour as we are the most reliable travel partner for climbing Kilimanjaro. We have the most experienced Kilimanjaro Guides who will make your Kilimanjaro climb easy and safe. Our customised travel packages tailor-made just for you to suit your needs.
So plan your next venturesome destination with us at Jerry Tanzania Tours, and explore the most scenic views on Kilimanjaro Summit. Call us now!