Whether you’re in Bangkok for the first or fortieth time, choosing the ideal hotel is never easy. As with any big, modern and cosmopolitan city, there is an overload of choice. As we age and mature, our tastes and budget change. Whether you’re travelling as an intrepid single, loved-up couple or inquisitive family makes a significant impact on your hotel preference.
Let’s focus on the last of these types: the family. If you’re travelling as a familial unit, you’ll want to consider which Bangkok hotel with a family room is best for you and whether or not the hotel offers other special amenities and services that you’ll need, for example, kids’ club, connecting rooms, babysitting service, children’s menus, etc.
If you’re on the hunt for the best possible location to house your family in the City of Angels, we are here to help you find a Bangkok hotel with a family room. We’ve divided the city up into the main areas: Riverside, Sukhumvit and Silom / Siam. Within each section, we’re provided you with a list of the top ten family-friendly activities you can do there. Based on this, you should be able to make your decision as to which area will suit your travel itinerary best.
If you choose to stay close to the Chao Phraya River, you’ll have a wealth of fun and active things to do nearby. From visiting ancient temples and historical sites to wandering around local markets and exploring the city’s “green lung” on two wheels, there are lots of things to see and do in this part of town.
- Jam Factory
- Lhong 1919
- Bangkrachao (aka Green Lung) cycling tour
- Museums: Royal Barge, Siam
- Princess Mother Memorial Park
- Boat ride: Chao Phraya and Khlong (canals)
- Neighbourhoods: Khao San Road, Chinatown, Old Town
- Sites: Wat Arun, wat Po (Big Buddha), Grand Place, Giant Swing
Sukhumvit is the heart of Bangkok and has many Bangkok hotels with family room; this main road runs along the BTS Skytrain from Siam all the way to the seaside city of Pattaya! Stay anywhere along this road and you’ll be nearby a plethora of interesting and interactive attractions for kids young and old.
- Flow House (wave surfing beach club)
- Kids Cinema @ Quartier Cineart
- Parks: Benjasiri, Benjakiti
- Art Box Night Market
- W Night Market @ W District
- Science Centre & Planetarium
- Little Pea @ The Commons
- Cinemas: Terminal 21, Emporium, EmQuariter, CentralEmbassy, Ekkamai
- Play Centres – Funarium, KidZania, Harbor Land, Bounce, Amped Trampoline, Imaginia
- Malls: Emporium, EmQuarter, Terminal 21, Central Embassy, Central Chidlom
Silom / Siam
Staying in the city doesn’t mean you’ll miss out on any fun as there are a plethora of fun things to see, do and explore right on your doorstep! From encountering sea turtles to wandering historical homes and exploring tropical parks, you won’t be bored.
- Snake Farm
- Jim Thompson House
- Suan Pakkard Palace
- Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World
- Play Mondo @ CentralWorld
- Cinemas: Apex, Lido, Major
- Libraries: Neilson Hays, Darunbannalai
- Parks: Lumphini, Chulalongkorn Centenary
- Museums: Madame Tussauds, Bangkokian, M.R. Kukrit’s House
- Malls: Siam Discovery, Siam Centre, Siam Paragon, Siam Square, MBK