Nowadays people are concerned to become vegetarian or vegan to reduce the use of animal-based food products. At the same time, some people find it wonderful how vegetarians acquire their day to day protein requirement to keep within a healthy manner. It’s as protein is a major nutrient and acts as a critical job in our body. It is required to structure, function and to regulate from cells to organs in one’s body. But, it is big not a thing to be wondered as, there are plant-based, valuable vegetarian foods known as Protein rich food for vegetarians. Advice by many official nutrition organizations is to eat 0.8 g of protein per kilogram of body weight. That means a man needs 56 g of protein and a woman needs 45 g of proteins daily.
Best foods rich in proteins
There are several foods containing a remarkable amount of proteins used especially by vegetarians. Not only containing proteins, but also some of those products comprise stomach satiety ingredients such as fiber. Therefore, some protein high sources are using as a high protein vegetarian diet plan. And also, they facilitate weight loss too. Let’s have a look into Protein rich meatless foods ideal for vegetarians or vegans.
- Lentils and beans (chickpeas and black-beans) include high protein amount. And, due to its high fiber amount, they have included them into high protein foods list for weight loss.
- Chia and Hemp seeds have not only proteins but also omega 3 fatty acids.
- Cooked cup Quinoa has protein plus some essential amino acids and some minerals too.
- Beans and Green soya beans (Edamame), Tofu, tempeh, and Nuts have both protein and fiber.
- Peanut butter contains protein, fiber, and fat.
- Spirulina is green algae and Mycoprotein are rich in protein basis.
- Cottage cheese and Greek yogurt have proteins and sodium too, which can be used as a vegetarian food (not vegan food).
Sometimes above high protein rich foods can act as meat substitutes. To fulfill the daily nutritional target for vegetarians, nutritionists always advice to eat a wide range of protein-rich foods. It is a must to take more proteins daily, as with the aging all are losing muscles, weakening of functions and body is getting weaker. According to some researches, they have found that vegetarian diets can effect to lower the risk of some diseases such as various types of cancers, diabetes, obesity and heart diseases. And also it regulates your metabolism.
As mentioned before, some Protein rich food for vegetarians also helps to weight loss. Studies have found that bad cholesterols are minute in vegetarian food than animal-based foods. And shifting from animal-based products to plant-based products makes it easier as there many nutritious plant-based foods. So, if you are a vegetarian or vegan please keep a strategy to consume protein-rich plant-based foods.