CCNA or Cisco Certified Network Associate is a certification from Cisco, which is a prominent name in network equipment. The certification has wide recognition across the world and pertains to beginners. You can get this highly acclaimed certificate in the following tracks from Cisco.
- CCNA Cloud
- CCNA Routing and Switching
- CCNA Data Center
- CCNA collaboration
- CCNA Cyber Ops
- CCNA Security
- CCNA Wireless
- CCNA Service provider
- CCNA Wireless
With the help of these tracks related to the CCNA certification, you can boost your knowledge and understanding of the technologies and ideas and face the competition with ease. The requirements for CCNA certifications are nominal and you may not need anything else except for CCNA Security, CCNA Wireless, and CCDA. For these, you require CCENT or CCNA R&S.
Tips to get the certification
To get the CCNA certification, you need proper training and pass the examination. Read the following to get a glimpse of how to get the certification.
- You can receive the training from any Cisco Learning Partner but the registration should be completed at Cisco with the assistance of a Cisco Learning Partner.
- As far as preparation for the examination is concerned, you can select classroom or online training sessions, take mock exams, and obtain the best quality of study materials to get through the test. The Spoto CCNA Practice Test allows you to get good grip over the preparation and provides comprehensive coverage on the key points of the exam all the way.
- The practice tests must also provide the opportunity of getting hands-on experience in labs.
- You need to make genuine efforts and devote yourself to understanding of concepts to get the certification.
- With the help of the certification, individuals can work as network administrators, computer support specialists, or network consultants.
- Once you make through the examination, you get the certificate of a Cisco Certified Network Associate in specific tracks.
- The passing grades of the test tend to vary but it stays around eighty percent in most of the cases.
Format of examination
The duration of the CCNA 200-301 exam is 120 minutes and the candidates can expect about 100-120 questions. Therefore, the participants do not have a lot of time to think while answering the question, which is about a minute for one question. Therefore, the individuals taking this examination can dread it the first time but there may be questions that take less than a minute to answer. The question types are primarily multiple choice or drag and drop. However, you can also expect a couple of simulations; fill in the blanks, and other formats of questions. Here is what you need to know.
- The majority of questions are multiple-choice types, drag and drop or fill in the blanks.
- The testlet questions comprise a group and are usually based on a common situation or network topology and a command output given in the paper can help you resolve the problem.
- You can skip and jump from one question to another in the testlet format but once you close it, you cannot go back.
- The simlet questions present a combination of simulation and testlet. Here also you can get questions based on common scenarios or network topology but you do not get a command output like the testlet. Therefore, you need to know how to interact with different network devices to issue commands and answer all the questions correctly.
Center of examination
You can take CCNA exams at different locations across the world but the registration needs to take place at Pearson VUE, which is the authorized test delivery center partner at Cisco. The Pearson VUE conducts the examination in a secured and supervised environment. You can now take the exam at a local test center, at your office, or home. If you take the examination from office or home, there are additional security measures you need to follow.
How to get scores
Cisco uses a point scaling methodology in the scale 300 to 1000. Therefore, you have around 300 points as soon as you begin taking the examination and the scores increase automatically. You may not know the weight of marks on the questions but you need to answer as many questions as possible to get good points.