No one can overlook the businesses’ role in growing the country’s economy in today’s connected world. A wide range of organizations utilizes strategies and resources to provide services and products to their customers. As a result, more professionals are pursuing business education to make a career in the ever-evolving business world.
It is no secret that business education opens the door to various opportunities for enthusiastic individuals; however, a degree in business administration is a versatile option. A business administration degree offers its students a basic understanding of business operations and transferable skills and traits that prepare them to take managerial positions in various industries. Some of the career choices individuals can make with a business administration degree are:
Today, with globalization, many businesses require a logistics process to deliver goods from one location to another. Individuals with business administration degrees interested in the supply chain field can choose to be a logistician. Logisticians are in charge of moving goods from one place to another; their work hours vary depending on the job position. Individuals opting for this career must have strong communication skills to collaborate with suppliers and customers. Other than that, they must also hone problem-solving, critical thinking, and organizational skills. Following are the job responsibilities of a logistician:
- Supervise the process of the product from the time of its design to distribution
- Build strong relations with suppliers and clients
- Monitor logistics operations and observe areas of improvement
- Work together with other departments in an organization to meet the customers’ needs
- Monitor procurement materials for the storage and distribution of goods
- Record and maintain data and generate a monthly report
2. Financial Analyst
Most students find it challenging to take a step further in their education because of family and work commitments. For this reason, earning an online masters in business allows individuals to learn at their pace and explore the ins and outs of elements of the business programs. These elements include finance, accounting, marketing, and supply chain management. Therefore, one of the most common and in-demand career options for individuals with a business degree is financial analysts. The primary responsibility of a financial analyst is to manage money effectively to achieve business objectives. Persons who wish to start a career as financial analysts must have strong interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills. Some of the typical financial analyst duties include:
- Monitor current and past data and determines the financial health of a business
- Carry out variance analysis, monitor market trends, and make improvements in line with business objectives
- Assist in the budgeting planning process
- Keep abreast of the latest knowledge and laws and regulations
- Perform future financial forecasting and provide detailed financial reports to senior executives
- Design a financial model that aids in the decision-making process
3. Marketing Manager
A business administration degree can also help individuals land a job as a marketing manager. Since the marketing industry keeps on changing constantly, therefore this career path never gets dull. Not to forget how this career offers a plethora of opportunities to grow. Marketing managers play a vital role in the business’s success. They help the brand reach its target audience and sell its products. These professionals engage in the following duties daily:
- Create marketing campaigns in a given budget
- Identify the ongoing trends in the market and learn about competitors
- Develop promotional offers
- Check new marketing techniques and track results
Those willing to become marketing managers should expect an average salary of $135,900 per year as per BLS statistics. Also, these managers must possess creative skills to pique the interest of customers through their promotion strategies.
4. HR Specialist
These professionals look after all the affairs related to employees within a business setting. HR specialists are responsible for maintaining employee engagement and keep them satisfied. No matter how big or small, almost every organization employs several HR managers to recruit new talent.
Many people wonder, what does a recruiting coordinator do? And how it is different from an HR specialist. Simply put, a recruiting coordinator comes under the umbrella of human resources. They vet the resumes of candidates that meet the criteria of a given job post and schedule interviews. However, HR managers cover other aspects too. Some of the day-to-day tasks include:
- Serve as a mediator between employees and management and resolve conflicts
- Develop pay scale, incentives, and bonuses
- Make sure employees abide by the organization’s legal rules
- Launch training programs for employees to hone their skills
5. Management Consultant
Management consultants, also known as analysts, spot the issues, propose solutions, and take measures to improve an organization’s performance. They work closely with a company’s leadership to collect data, assess it, devise a plan, and implement it to achieve higher profits. Generally, management consultants work in a group either for a government agency or a private company. The typical job responsibilities include:
- Evaluate the business operations and work performance of employees
- Prepare presentations to explain improvement strategies
- Study the confidential information such as financial and technological details
- Curtail the unnecessary costs and recommend changes in a business hierarchy
Individuals aspiring to become a management consultant must know how to excel in teamwork and manage time. They must deliver high-quality work that fulfills the client’s requirements within the given deadline without stressing much.
Most people have a passion for launching their dream business. With the advent of the internet, more people are now initiating their startups. However, establishing a business is one thing but making it run successfully is no cakewalk. Passion and innovative skills can take the company to a certain point. Still, proper education also plays a crucial role in entrepreneurs’ startups’ success. Thus, individuals with business administration degrees can choose entrepreneurship since the program offers them extensive knowledge of running a business. The degree program provides students with a profound understanding of financial management, crisis management, and marketing practices.
The increasing globalization has changed the overall landscape of a business model. Regardless of the size and type, today, nearly all organizations seek out to hire business graduates to win a competitive edge over their rivals. Many factors affect the increasing demand for such professionals. Some of them may include technological advancements, taxation rules, and complex data analytics. Therefore, individuals should get involved in practicum to know the basics of the industry as well.