Are you planning to blog about your interests? Then note that WordPress is the best tool for that. After all, millions of websites all over the globe make use of this powerful platform to talk about their likes, dislikes, sell products, offer consultancy services, and more. But you might be thinking- why exactly is it so popular? So to help you out, we are here to tell you the reasons why.
Why Is WordPress A Popular Platform?
- It’s free
Whether it’s a personal blog or a commercial website, WordPress is free for all, and this is a major reason behind everyone using it. But that’s not all. Note that they won’t charge you anything extra if the site becomes popular and gets a lot of traffic. Note that since WordPress is Open Source so you will be able to improve and customize it as well.
- It’s the best in the popular CMS market
WordPress is the most famous CMS or Content Management System. It has a market share of around 60% so it’s the most favoured platform. As a result, when people find that others are using this tool and being successful, they want to replicate that too. As a result, every year it attracts more users.
- Install and use
You don’t need to use coding to use WordPress. Know that you can begin using it just after installation. So there is no need to configure anything. All you need to do is choose your theme as well as the kind of plug-ins that you want for your site. Everything else- like layouts, social media links, comments, and such are already pre-loaded. So someone with no knowledge of CMS can also use the platform.
Why is search important?
Search is an important feature because using this tool your site users will be able to find the content they were looking for. Due to this, there’s no need for your users to search page after page of content in the chance of stumbling across what they want.
Not to mention the search feature will allow you to know what your users search for and use what phrases. As such, you will be able to improve your SEO tactics accordingly as well.
How to add a single search bar securely to WordPress?
Know that WordPress very easily lets you add on a search bar and that too anywhere you like. So if you want to know- how to add search to WordPress in 5 minutes, then read on below:
- First, you need to install the plugin called Ivory Search. Once you activate it, you will have to go to the page named Search Forms. Here you will get to make search forms.
- Note that the plugin will auto-add the search form that’s in its default option. So you will be able to review and add it easily to the menu. Note that the search settings will let you select the kind of content you want on the site.
- After that, go to the section titled Includes; to choose the kind of pages, post types, custom fields, and category you want. After that review, it all and then Save the form.
- Of course, there is also an “Excludes” section that will let you add the content you don’t want in your search results. After you have completed this, Save the Form again.
- You can add your search form by going to the Setting page of Ivory Search. Now just go to the Select menu option and select the place you want to add your search section.
What plugin should you use for WordPress?
There are a lot of WordPress plugins offered by different platforms. However, the Expertrec plugin offers the best features out of them all. Know that you will be able to search fast and install plugins with it. But that’s not all. You will even be able to voice search and customize it how you like.
WordPress is a really powerful platform that’s used by many bloggers. After all, it’s free, already customized, and easy to use. Note that even if you are asking for a how-to add search to WordPress guide, then that is easily available too. So if you are conflicted, go with WordPress for your site.