Lake Ray Hubbard, formerly known as Forney Lake, is a beautiful estate located within Rockwell City – a cosy spot in the eastern sector of Dallas. This place is well known for its freshwater impoundment which is a short trip on the interstate 30 and about 33 miles from Dallas. The interstate passes over the lake; hence, there are several spots within the area that makes it great to have a ranch house.
Before proceeding, we will take a look at the history of this breathtaking environment. Lake Ray Hubbard was originally named Forney Lake. Being impounded in 1968 as a freshwater reservoir, it was renamed by Ray Hubbard, the then president of the Dallas Parks and Recreation System Board. Water distributed in this lake is controlled and monitored by The Rockwall-Forney Dam.
What Makes Lake Ray Hubbard A Great Place To Purchase A Ranch Home?
Lake Ray Hubbard extends beyond boating. Despite it being home to boating activities that provide great boat trip experiences, there are so many other side attractions that this exquisite place provides, making it great for ranch house owners.
Owning a ranch house in Lake Ray Hubbard gives you access to several entertainment spots, shops, waterside restaurants that offer mouthwatering dishes like seafood gumbos. There are several venues that provide stunning views of the lake. You can take a walk with your family through various networks of walking trails. There are also public patios for you to relax, enjoy the sunlight, and get some fresh air. If you would like to own a ranch home in this amazing area, please visit this link: Clements Ranch New Homes.
If you seek entertainment and rest, Cinema Theatre and The Hilton Hotel are great places to check out. There are other entertainment spots like Ruby Tuesday – a trendy national brand, Dodie’s Cajun Diner, Suntex Boat Club, and many more.
However, you do not just get to enjoy the bustling entertainment side of this district, there are a plethora of boating activities you can engage yourself with, not leaving out available instructors that are on standby to put you through fundamental and advanced boating techniques.
Some of the boating amenities present include boats, multi-lane ramps, paddleboard rentals, kayaks, and many more. In the summertime, you can leave the comfort of your ranch home to attend live music and fireworks festivals. At other times, you can enjoy fishing and watersports.
Why should you have a ranch home in this awesome fun-filled vicinity? Besides the never-ending activities Lake Ray Hubbard provides, it gives you the opportunity to live in serenity.
Here are other amenities provided in Lake Ray Hubbard. With a large number of facilities available in this area, you will never encounter a boring moment.
- Harbour Bay Marina – located on 3701 Windjammer Ln Rockwall, TX 75087 (972) 771-0095.
- Captain’s Cove Marina – located on 5965 Marina Dr Garland, TX 75043 (972) 226-7100.
- Chandler’s Landing Marina – located on 1 Harborview Dr Rockwall, TX 75032 (972) 771-8865.
- Rockwall Golf and Athletic Club – located on 2600 Champions Dr Rockwall, TX 75087 (972) 771-0301.
- Dallas Golf Schools – located on 624 Country Club Dr Rockwall, TX 75032 (800) 965-9985.
- Waterview Golf Club – located on 9509 Waterview Pkwy Rowlett, TX 95089 (972) 436-8900.
- Plantation Place RV Park – located on 345 Barnes Bridge Rd Sunnyvale, TX 75182 (972) 226-0464.
- Ascend Camp & Retreat Centre – located on 5218 Kiwanis Rd Dallas, TX 75236 (469) 998-2267.
There are also other places as well that provide great experiences in diverse fields.