In today’s world, a lot of men battle with erectile dysfunction. This is one major issue that affects a man’s confidence and relationship with the opposite sex. Based on statistics revealed by UW Health, about five percent of men at 40 years of age have complete erectile dysfunction. This increases to 15 percent more at the age of 70. Each decade, 10 percent of men are affected; for example, 40 percent in their 40s, 50 percent in their 50s, and the rest. Erectile dysfunction, also known as impotence, is the inability for a male individual to have or maintain an ideal erection. There are so many factors that are responsible for this dysfunction, a part of which includes the narrowing or constriction of the arteries that supply blood to the penis. This action is caused by a chemical in the body known as phosphodiesterase type 5. When there is a lack of blood flow into your penis, it will be difficult to get an erection. If you find yourself in this situation, it isn’t something to feel embarrassed about as there is a solution.
How Does Tadalafil Work?
tadalafil inhibits the action generated by PDE5 chemicals. As a result, the blood vessels in the penis widen, allowing more inflow of blood during sexual stimulation. By doing so, the penis becomes erect. tadalafil is a prescribed drug for men battling with erectile dysfunction arising from various medical conditions. It is also ideal for men with prostate gland enlargement; a common health issue in older people. Due to how closely situated the prostate is to the bladder, its enlargement can make it difficult to pass out urine. As such, it takes a long time to urinate and the urine is discharged in little but consistent drops. With the use of tadalafil, the muscles in these areas are relaxed, allowing more flow of blood to the prostate and bladder. Hence, it becomes easy to pass out urine.
What You Need To Know Before Taking Tadalafil
Certain medicines are not suitable for individuals with specific health conditions. Caution must be taken before a drug can be used; this also applies to the intake of tadalafil 20mg. You need to alert your doctor on the following:
- In the event that you have a blood vessel disease or a heart condition.
- If there is any injury, deformity, or disease in your penis.
- In the advent of an eye condition leading to loss of vision.
- The presence of low blood pressure or ischemic chest pain (angina).
- If you are experiencing any problem with your liver or kidney.
- In the past or current occurrence of a heart attack or stroke.
- Should you have sickle cell disease?
- If you are allergic to a particular medicine.
- In a situation where you’ve had or currently have leukaemia or bone marrow cancer.
- Should you be consuming other medicines, which include recreational drugs, herbal medicines, or supplementary medicines that can be purchased without prescriptions.
You need to let your doctor know about any health condition you have before taking tadalafil. Additionally, avoid drinking grapefruit juice as it contains a chemical that increases the amount of tadalafil in an individual’s bloodstream, thereby creating more adverse effects. Also, it is advised that you see your doctor regularly to monitor your level of progress.