There are millions of conventional companies in any given country at any given time. E-commerce has taken these companies to unbelievable heights. These companies may be completely different but there are a few basic factors that they all have in common.
- First, every company has a product or service to offer a target audience. Their target audience may be other businesses or it may be the general population. But, make no mistake, they have identified a target audience.
- Secondly, the product or service will enhance or improve the life of the target audience’s enough that they are willing to pay for the product or service.
- Third, there is someone (or a team of people) in the business who is responsible for selling the service or product to the target audience. Regardless of how good the product is, people are slow to embrace change and this makes the job of the sales team difficult.
Where motivational quotes fit
It is easy to become disillusioned. There are times when your product seems to fly off the shelves and our appointment book fills quickly and there are times when you cannot seem to give the product away. This is the nature of the game. We sometimes begin to think that we are not cut out for sales. So did every master of sales that have gone before you. So, we look at the successful people.
We want to know what people like Bill Gates, Walt Disney, Albert Einstein, and Thomas Edison said when they were in our shoes. We want to absorb their knowledge. We want their success and encouragement to spark our passion. We read these motivational quotes as a way to refuel. We use these quotes as our “hash-tag: Go get them” and they push us onward.
Below you will read motivational quotes that are from big names in many different industries. While some of these people may not be in your exact business organization, you will see that the lessons are easily adaptable to any business and any industry. These are for you. They apply to you. Take them. Embrace them. Use them. You will soon discover just how they fit into your world.
Motivational quotes for success
- “If you just work on stuff that you like and you’re passionate about, you don’t have to have a master plan with how things will play out.” — Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook
- “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” — Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft
- “Always look for the fool in the deal. If you don’t find one, it’s you.” — Mark Cuban, AXS TV Chairman and entrepreneur
- “Always deliver more than expected.” — Larry Page, co-founder of Google
- “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” — John Quincy Adams, 6th President of the United States
- “The value of an idea lies in the using of it.” — Thomas Edison, co-founder of General Electric
- “Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.” — Winston S. Churchill
- “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.”– John D. Rockerfeller
- “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.”– Thomas Jefferson
- “There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed.” — Ray Goforth
- “Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really: Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn’t at all. You can be discouraged by failure or you can learn from it, so go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that’s where you will find success.”– Thomas J. Watson
How do inspirational quotes help you in business
When you are in business, you are expected to always be at your best You could be a CEO, Sales Manager, or the lady on the parts counter of a business. You may have worked a 12 hour day, be behind on your quota, or have a customer who is mad because you do not have the item he needs in stock. There are a lot of things that can hurt your self-esteem. The wrong problem at the wrong time can make you question your ability to maintain your position and to rise above it.
This is when you look at your motivational quotes. You remind yourself of what men like Martin Luther King said, “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” You remember that every great person experienced set-backs, and you find the strength to move on. You take the words in and you accept them. You believe them and you act on them.
There is no magic in motivational words. The magic is in you. But, sometimes we become so focused on our goals that we forget to tap into our power. Motivate yourself. Motivate your team. Support each other. Often this makes the difference between a working business and a successful business.