There are a lot of medical colleges in India which medical aspirants can choose from to pursue MBBS. We have put together a list of the top 5 medical colleges in India for you to choose from to pursue your studies. Online college search can be done for more information on these universities.
The following colleges are the best colleges to pursue MBBS in India:
- AIIMS New Delhi – AIIMS, New Delhi has been ranked number one college in India for medical studies multiple times. The hospital treats about 3.5 million patients every year and charges a very subsidised tuition fee. This institute offers various courses for students that are interested in pursuing a medical career. Entrance exam to get into AIIMS is conducted during May every year. The chances of an applicant getting in are extremely low due to the competition that they face. Despite thousands of aspirants applying for admissions in AIIMS only around 70 students are selected to get admission into the college.
- PGIMER Chandigarh – PGIMER stands for Postgraduate Institute Of Medical Education and Research. This college provide quality medical care to a lot of people seeking medical help on a regular basis. It offers various courses ranging from undergraduate to specialist courses for applicants to choose from. It offers state of the art research, medical and training facilities to the students.
- Christian Medical College – Christian Medical College was established and maintained by Christian Medical College Association of vellore. This college is affiliated to Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai. It offers various courses ranging from ug, pg and also has specialist courses for aspirants willing to pursue a medical career. Admission for the college is done through entrance exams followed by interview rounds. NEET exam marks are also eligible criteria for admission in this college. The fee in this college is extremely subsidized to as low as 3000 rupees per year.
- Kasturba Medical College – Kasturba medical college is one of the most reputed medical college in India. Admissions for this are done on the basis of merit list that is created on the basis of marks. Admission forms are available in university once you pay the fee. This college also provides hostel facilities for students in their campus and the alumni network is known to be very helpful. The college provides medical facilities for students and the faculty are well recognised members in the healthcare industry. The annual fees is higher compared to many other universities and fee subsidy is not easy to avail.
- Armed Forces Medical College – Armed forces medical college was established in Pune in 1962. The college offers UG, PG and PG diploma training in medical and nursing fields. It was the first medical college to be set up by armed forces in Asia. Registration for this college can be done through their official website. The forms are also available in newspapers, from which they can be collected and sent by post along with the examination fee. Since this is a government funded college, the fee is extremely subsidized and essentially free. Entrance exam for this college is in the form of multiple choice pattern questions. The applicants will go through an interview process once they are selected in the examination.
Online college search will provide more details on the college.
Author: Sai Raja M
Sai Raja M is a college student who aspires to be an entrepreneur. His primary goal is to help other students choose a more meaningful and relevant career in their life.