Vitamin C should be known as “Vitamin Care” as it the benefits offered by this ingredient is across the spectrum of the body, be it healthy skin, hair, bones, teeth, and heart. Why it also aids in weight loss! Interestingly this ingredient, an antioxidant, cannot be produced by the body. This ingredient is provided by many fruits and vegetables such as oranges, strawberries, broccoli, spinach, etc.
The fact that our body cannot produce Vitamin C, therein lies a good reason for us to ensure that we regularly intake vitamin c capsules through our daily diet. In case, we lack the self-confidence that we will be able to maintain the levels of this vital vitamin through diet, then we should consider supplements to ensure the body functions smoothly.
Know more of Vitamin C’s benefits:
- Reduces risk of chronic diseases: Vitamin C by nature is an antioxidant which is vital to strengthen the body’s natural defence system. Antioxidants protect the body from free radicals, when these free radicals aggregate in the body, they cause a state known as oxidative stress which increases the risk of chronic diseases.
- Protects the heart: Vitamin C keeps heart related conditions at bay because it can significantly reduce the formation of “bad” cholesterol. This is backed by a ten year study which proved that people who took vitamin C had a 25% reduced risk of suffering from heart conditions
- Regulates blood pressure: Studies have proven that Vitamin C have positive effects on the blood pressure as it relaxes the blood vessels that transport blood from the heart to the rest of the body
- Prevents iron deficiencies: Vitamin C helps improve the absorption of iron from the daily food we consume and thus keeping anaemia at bay and not to forget benefits vitamin c capsules for skin
- Boosts immunity: Vitamin C has the ability to boost the production of two white blood cells; lymphocytes and phagocytes which increases the immunity of the body. As described above, vitamin C also keeps the free radicals in check, again protecting the immunity.
- Keep the brain sharp: Vitamin C being an antioxidant is required to alleviate the oxidative stress and inflammation of the brain. The lack of this vitamin C can often lead to dementia. Studies have proven that high levels of vitamin C intake has a positive effect on memory recollection
Vitamin C and its benefits are being studied for reducing the risk of cancer and protecting the eye against diseases such as cataracts and macular degeneration. By the time the studies reveal the additional benefits, I think it is prudent to adopt vitamin C in your daily diet before only, based on the well-research benefits of this nutrient.
The daily recommended dosage of this age-old nutritional supplement is 75 mg for women and 90 mg for men.
Considering the wide range of benefits offered by this ingredient, one should look for external supplements, however, one should purchase it from a renowned manufacturer complying with all manufacturing guidelines.
One should also remember that though vitamin C keeps several health conditions at bay, does not mean one gets complacent about one’s diet and forgets the need to exercise. It is essential that to be truly healthy and happy, one should adopt a healthy diet which consists of required nutrients and supplement this with an exercise regime.