Hair loss and hair thinning is a big problem for millions of people. As we get older, we start to lose the natural thickness and health of our hair. But it doesn’t mean you can’t do anything about it. There are lots of products out there that promise to help to nourish and revitalize your hair.
We’re going to take a look at some of the causes of hair thinning and how you can deal with it. We’ll also look at some different products like the thickening hair mask. These products can potentially help to prevent hair thinning and stimulate natural hair growth.
Causes of Hair Thinning
There are lots of different possible causes of hair thinning. Knowing the cause will help you treat the problem. Some causes are a lot easier to treat than others, but some products will help to reduce hair thinning no matter what the reason.
Here are some of the main causes of hair thinning in adults:
- Genetics – Genetics is the leading cause of hair thinning in men, and female pattern baldness can also be hereditary. While there isn’t anything you can do to change your genetics, there are still steps you can take to slow down the thinning and also grow some of your hair back.
- Diet – Getting a healthy, balanced diet is essential for a lot of reasons. Your hair is dependant on receiving the right vitamins and nutrients, and a lack of these can lead to unhealthy hair and hair thinning. This is one of the most straightforward causes to treat because you just need to fix your diet or apply a supplement to your scalp.
- Medication – Some medications can cause side effects such as hair thinning. If you do find that your medication is causing these issues, you should talk to your doctor. It could be as simple as changing your prescription.
- Stress – Excess stress can cause a lot of health problems, including hair loss and hair thinning. It’s sometimes not easy to avoid stress, but if it’s causing you serious problems, you should look for ways to reduce your stress and relax more.
- Some hair treatments – Some hair treatments like coloring and relaxing hair can cause a lot of damage to your natural hair. You should avoid excessive hair treatments, no more than once every few months to avoid damage.
How to Prevent Hair Thinning and Hair Loss
The best way to deal with hair thinning is to find out what’s causing the problem and address it. For example, if your hair is thinning due to a poor diet, start eating more healthily. You’ll need to get lots of vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin B7, otherwise known as Biotin.
If you’re unsure of what’s causing the problem, try to think about when you first started to notice the hair thinning and whether anything changed around that time. Did you start a new job that’s giving you lots of stress? Did you recently start a new medication? Have you treated or colored your hair?
Finally, there are also products you can use that will help to protect your hair from damage and thinning. If you’re suffering from damaged hair, you probably need to hydrate your scalp, and a great way to do that is by using a hair mask. A hair mask is a solution that is applied to the hair, left to sit, and then rinsed off. You can buy special hair thickening masks that won’t just hydrate your hair but will also help to repair your follicles. This can stimulate hair growth and slow the thinning of hair.
Hair thickening masks and other products usually contain lots of natural ingredients that help to nourish the hair. These often include essential vitamins and minerals, such as Biotin. These vitamins can be absorbed directly into the scalp, where they help to rejuvenate the skins and stimulate growth. After using a hair thickening mask, people report that their hair looks healthier, feels softer and stronger, and is also noticeably thicker.
If you plan on coloring your hair, you can also use a hair thickening mask before and after the treatment. This will help you avoid a lot of the damage that comes with coloring hair. Bleaching, in particular, can lead to hair damage, and dryness is done too often. Use the hair thickening mask regularly for the best results and make sure to leave it in for the recommended time before rinsing it out.
Hair thickening masks and shampoos aren’t miracle cures, but they can help to slow hair thinning. If you use them often enough, you can also prevent hair loss and leave your hair looking healthy and shiny.